Todd J. Janzen
From the moment Todd graduated from law school, he set out to serve the legal needs of farmers and agribusinesses. Over the years, Todd has served in a number of leadership roles with the intent to bring agriculture and the law together.
- President, Janzen Agricultural Law LLC
- Administrator, Ag Data Transparency Evaluator (current)
- Chair, American Bar Association's Agricultural Management Committee (2013-2015)
- Chair, Indiana State Bar Association's Agricultural Law Section, (2004-2006)
- Board Member, Counsel for Agriculture, Science and Technology (CAST) (2014-2016)
- Graduate, Indiana’s Agricultural Leadership Program (2013-2014)
- Legal Representative, Indiana Agricultural Regulatory Structure Task Force (2008)
- General Counsel, Indiana Dairy Producers (2009-current)
Nationally Recognized Agricultural Law Blog
Todd is a frequent author and speaker on legal issues affecting agriculture. He writes a regular blog column on law and technology issues facing agriculture, the Janzen Ag Law Blog, which has been republished on Farm Journal's AgWeb, Successful Farming, Precision Ag, Hoosier Ag Today, and Precision Farming Dealer. Todd has been interviewed by various publications on agricultural topics, including the Wall Street Journal, Farm Journal, and the Progressive Dairyman. In 2015, Todd was featured on Inside Indiana Business, discussing legal issues arising from drone use in agriculture.
- Trinity Episcopal Church Vestry (2003-2006)
- Morning Dove Therapeutic Riding, Inc., Vice President (2008-2011)
- Mapleton Fall Creek Community Development Corporation, President (2011-2013)
- B.A., Bethel College (Kansas) 1995
- J.D., Indiana University, Robert H. McKinney School of Law 2002 (Bar license: Indiana 2002)
- Study abroad, Philips University, Marburg, Germany 1992-1993
Todd grew up on a diversified grain and livestock farm in south central Kansas. He spent his formative years working on the family farm and operating a custom haying business. Todd's passion for farming and dedication to the agricultural industry can be traced back to his farm upbringing.
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @janzenlaw
- Phone: 317.855.9920