Todd J. Janzen
After graduating from law school, Todd set out to serve the legal needs of farmers and agribusinesses. Over the years, Todd has served in a number of leadership roles with the intent to bring agriculture and the law together.
- President, Janzen Agricultural Law LLC
- Administrator, Ag Data Transparent project (current)
- Chair, American Bar Association's Agricultural Management Committee (2013-2015)
- Chair, Indiana State Bar Association's Agricultural Law Section, (2004-2006)
- Board Member, Counsel for Agriculture, Science and Technology (CAST) (2014-2017)
- Graduate, Indiana’s Agricultural Leadership Program (2013-2014)
- Legal Representative, Indiana Agricultural Regulatory Structure Task Force (2008)
- General Counsel, Indiana Dairy Producers (2009-current)
- Board Member, Fair Oaks Pig Adventure (2017-current)
Nationally Recognized Author, Commentator, and Speaker
Todd is a frequent author and speaker on legal issues affecting agriculture. He writes a regular blog column on law and technology issues facing agriculture, the Janzen Ag Law Blog, which has been republished on Farm Journal's AgWeb, Successful Farming, Precision Ag, Hoosier Ag Today, and Precision Farming Dealer. Todd has been interviewed by various publications on agricultural topics, including the Wall Street Journal, Farm Journal, and the Progressive Dairyman. Todd is a regular commentator for Market Day Report and AgDay on RFD-TV.
- Trinity Episcopal Church Vestry (2003-2006)
- Morning Dove Therapeutic Riding, Inc., Vice President (2008-2011)
- Mapleton Fall Creek Community Development Corporation, President (2011-2013)
- Indiana Farm Bureau, Property Rights Policy Committee (2015-current)
- B.A., Bethel College (Kansas) 1995
- J.D., Indiana University, Robert H. McKinney School of Law 2002 (Bar license: Indiana 2002)
- Study abroad, Philips University, Marburg, Germany 1992-1993
Todd grew up on a diversified grain and livestock farm in south central Kansas. He spent his formative years working on the family farm and operating a custom haying business. Todd's passion for farming and dedication to the agricultural industry can be traced back to his farm upbringing.
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @janzenlaw
- Phone: 317.855.9920 x 1
Testimony before US House Agriculture Subcommittee on General Farm Commodities and Risk Management
The Future of Farming: Technology and Innovations, Opportunities and Challenges for Producers
Testimony before US Senate Commerce, Science and Technology Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
Technology in Agriculture: Data Driven Farming
Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 2:30 p.m.: 253 Russell Senate Building, Washington, D.C.