Citing of livestock facilities has grown increasingly contentious as opposition to concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFOs) organizes. Our attorneys have experience assisting livestock farms with achieving the necessary zoning approvals to build or expand your farm. Our experience includes:
- Obtaining re-zoning
- Obtaining special exceptions
- Representing land owners before area plan commissions and boards of zoning appeal
- Handling zoning appeals to trial and appellate courts
- Defending CAFO and CFO approvals/permits before the Indiana Office of Environmental Adjudication
- Representing farmers against alleged zoning violations
Farmers who are thinking about building a new livestock farm or expanding and existing operation should consult an attorney.
Drafting contracts that govern companies' collection, storage, use, and transfer of agricultural data is a new area of the law. For years, the tech industry has addressed data collection and usage in other areas, but farming is different and requires a new approach. We work with ag technology providers to develop contracts to address farmers' concerns. These include:
- Ag Data Use agreements and policies
- Privacy Policies
- End User License Agreements
- Data Transfer Agreements
Our law firm administers the Ag Data Transparent project. This work has uniquely positioned us as leaders in the field of agricultural data.
The issues stemming from dicamba made headlines in the summer of 2017. The increasing diversity of pesticide resistant crops on the market has made